Clara Joyce, Gloucester N.C..tiff
Famed boatbuilder Mildon Willis of Marshallberg built the Clara Joyce in 1946 for Earl C. Wade of Williston. The boat was made with cypress, juniper and heart pine. Her bow is flared, like the bows made by Harkers Island boatbuilder Brady Lewis. She was named after Wade's daughters Joyce Wade Mason of Atlantic and Clara Wade Lewis of Marshallberg. Subsequently, Earl Chadwick of Marshallberg used her to fish for shrimp, clams and oysters. The boat was photographed at the marine railway in Gloucester where Lloyd Piggott was rebuilding her for Temple Chadwick, Earl Chadwick's son.